Asha’s Deepa dance/ Yoga dance
Asha’s creative and unique dance choreography which is a combination of Bharathanatyam, Kuchupudi, and Yoga in which she balances 4 pots on her head, holding lamps in both her hands and dances on the floor, on a plate and pot making, varies rhythmic notes and to the music, also poses and stretch the vigorous “Yoga” postures in while balancing 4 pots on top of her head without any hands support.
This dance not only highly creative in nature but also need lots of focused, flexibility and perfection to do. She has named this “Deepa Dance” which become very popular and crowds puller. She has been invited to perform this in various prestigious stages, in front of many celebrities and political leaders.
She has performed this in more than 100 shows and each mesmerizing the crowd equally or better than the previous. The idea and visualization wise this dance is not only innovative but also needs immense training, flexibility, concentration and balance to perform this dance.
Rama Eshawara dance drama
- “Rama- Eshawara” an original dance drama is a unique take on the epic story Ramayana. This dance drama concept, visualization and choreography were done byAsha Adiga. She was also in lead dances and has done many music clips needed for this dance drama.
This dance drama was first featured on May 15th 2016 at the Schaumburg Prairie Center Schaumburg Illinois’ USA through “Nupura Geetha” live musicians. It was a huge success and received high appreciation from audience and media.
- The production picture lead character “Asha”’ was featured in “Desi Talk” newspaper USA (Desi Talk is a weekly English newspaper from USA. It covers topics like city journal, sports, Arts, Cinema, business service directory & many more) font page and followed with details appreciated news Inside.
- The article about this dance drama was also featured in “NRI Tribune”, The Universal News Network, Highbeam and nrinews24x7 online news papers.
- “The South Asian Times” USA carried a report titled “Acharya Academy’s dance drama wows audience”.
- 2 minutes of video footage of this dance drama was telecasted in TV 5 Channel news channel. (TV5 is a 24 hours Telugu News Channel covering politics, sports, health, lifestyle and entertainment news updates from around the World)
- This dance drama also featured in Tamil magazine “Thendral” and many other Indian newspapers.
- Rama Eshwara dance drama was also invited to be presented at the American Natya Festival – presenting the first Dance Drama Festival of USA. Venue: Clayton High School Auditorium, #1 Mark Twain Circle, St. Louis, MO 63105.
Asha directed and performed in this dance drama. It was well appreciated in the audience thus earning the very good review in classical Indian dance portals.
- In the popular online news site popular among Indian classical dance area “Narthaki” reports “Guru Asha Adiga presented ‘Rama Eshwara’ with non-stop cheers and claps from the audience as she and her energetic team featured the story of Ravana, and included episodes like Atma linga”.
- India Post news paper reported “Guru Asha Adiga presented the “Rama Eshwara” with full blows and whistles. Asha Adiga’s histrionics provided a lighter air entertainment kept the tempo of the production very crisp.
About the dance drama: The dance drama begins with Lord Shiva telling the story of his greatest devotee “Ravana”. Ravana who is the son of sage Vaishrava and demon princess Kaikeshi, is a great scholar, a capable ruler, a maestro of the arts, political science and all the Vedas, but is also the one who wished to overpower the devas (Gods).
Ravana, a devotee of Lord Shiva, is depicted and described as a great scholar, a capable ruler and a maestro of the veena (plucked stringed instrument). He is also described as extremely powerful and has ten heads. His paramount ambition was to overpower and dominate the devas. His ten heads represent his knowledge of the six shastras and the four Vedas. Education and knowledge has limited effect if the mind is corrupted with negative thoughts. This is a tragic story of Raavana. He started fulfilling his selfish needs like lust, anger, delusion, greed, pride, envy, ego against morality and made the world suffer.
To save the world, lord Vishnu and goddess Lakshmi took avatar (incarnation) as Rama and Sita. The dance drama then moves on to present Ramayana story showcasing Rama and Sita’s wedding, Shurpanakha’s insult, golden deer hunt, Sita’s abduction, Jatayu moksham, Hanuman joining Rama and finally the dance drama culminates with ten headed Raavana’s death at the hands of Ram.
Satya Nararayana Katha dance drama
“Sri Satyanarayana Katha ” – 5 Stories of lord Sathyanarayana Swami, Indian classical dance drama with live musicians from India on June 10th 2018, Elgin Community College, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123 .
The Dance drama ‘Visualization, choreography and direction’ was by Asha Adiga Acharya; script by Dr. K. Vasantha Bharadwaj and music by Bangalore S.V. Balakrishna and Asha Adiga Acharya
The dance drama report was telecasted in TV Asia (US based new channel), Flowers TV USA’s (US based Malayalam channel) in YUPP TV Platform in USA. Also this dance drama was reported in Tamil “Thendral” magazine USA edition and also Indian Kannada newspaper Vijaya Karnataka.
This dance drama was invited to perform in esteemed 11th American NATYA Festival on April 21st at Clayton High School Auditorium #1, Mark Twain Circle, St. Louis, MO. The dance drama was received by the audience with high appreciation and news media like India post and Indian dance critics site Narthaki reported that The Sathyanarayana Katha came out with vivid colors. Asha Adiga Acharya mesmerized the audience with her dashing multi-character roles.
About the dance drama: “Sri Satyanarayana Katha ” – The Stories of lord Sathyanarayana Swami, Satyanarayana means Lord of Truth or Narayana in true form. Lord Narayana means one who provides shelter for all human beings. The true worship of Sri Sathyanarayana involves the truthful performance of obligatory duties, practice of truth in daily conduct and commitment of truth in all aspects of life. The ritual is a promise to god that one lives truthfully and honestly in the service of God and works for one’s salvation.
In dance drama all 5 stories of Satyanarayana pooja Vrutha was presented staring with Lord Narayana giving Satyanarayana vrutha solutions to sage Narada’s questions , then poor Bramhana coming out of poverty after doing Satyanarayana vrutha as 2nd story then wealthy merchant “Sadu Shresti” as 3rd and 4th story and at last arrogant king’s story.
The story symbolizes is that Peace and Happiness flow from truthfulness. Adversity and misfortune arise when people indulge in falsehood and deception and thereby incur negative Karma. The ritual by itself doesn’t solve problems unless we develop respect for truth.
Shiva Shakthi dance drama
The Shiva Shakthi dance drama Visualization, chirography, direction was done by Asha Adiga. Its uniqueness was well appreciated by the audience. This dance drama was first featured in Indianapolis Mallige Kannada Koota and then at Aurora Illinois Balaji temple.
It was very well received by the audience and it was published in the newspapers like Chicago Tribune by Asian Media USA. It was also reported in newspapers in India such as Kannada Prabha, Samyuktha Karnataka, Sanje Vani,Janatha Vani, Nagaravani and Prajavani.
About dance drama: The whole universe is perceived as being created, penetrated and sustained by two fundamental forces or universal aspects are called Shiva and Shakthi. The Shiva – Shakti dance drama will be covering the story where lord Shiva isolates himself after the death of his first love Sati (form of goddess Shakti) by doing deep meditation and goddess Shakti takes rebirth as Parvati and undertakes severe penance to win over lord Shiva. Finally she was able to lure lord Shiva into marriage and away from asceticism. The dance drama ends with ‘Mahishasura mardhini’ story where the demon Mahisha had unleashed a reign of terror everywhere. Goddess Shakti takes form of Durga and kills him and relieves the world from the evil power. Shiva – Shakti is a very vast theme of which we cover a small part by making prompt attempt to show it in classical dance form.
"Sri Guru Sai leela" dance drama
Bharathanatyam dance drama in the praise of Shri Shirdi Sai Baba directed by Vidushi Guru Asha Adiga Acharya and performing along with Acharya performing arts academy senior dance and music disciple with a live orchestra on Oct 20th 2018 Saturday 6pm at Aurora IL Shiradi Sai baba temple.
Program was hug hit and very well received from all audience and featured in the news article was published in “Chicago tribune”, India Life and Times, The Universal News Network, Chicago Patch News , NRI News.
About dance drama: In the dance drama, the performers enacted 5 heavenly stories extracted from the ‘Holy Sai Satcharithra’. The stories in which Shiradi Sai Baba taught his miraculous lessons through practical life experience. The morals and values that we have learned from Baba stores will be ever pervading in our minds building us as wise strong and compassionate humans.
Other Choreography and Direction work
· Asha has choreographed many classical dances, semi-classical, folk and many jathi composition and song tune composition .
· Asha visualized and directed many classical dance drams/ballet, musical folk dance dramas, creative fusion dance drams, musical dance mimes and musical dramas like
1. “Shiva lalata Thandava” – About cosmic dance of god Lord Shiva.
2. “Kanakadasa – Udupi Krishna” – About the famous devotee Kanakadasa.
3. “Sri Krishna bala leele” – About Krishna’s childhood
4. “Srirama- Sitha rama” – God Rama’s story.
5. “Panchabootham” – About 5 elements ,
6. ”Sankranthi” a folk dance dram about harvesting ,
7. “Vachana Vibava” a creative dance attempt to a vachana literature, 9.“Karnataka nuthya vibhava” a dance drama about karantaka state cultural,
8. “Janapada Nruthya vibhava” the journey of the women through folk songs,
9. “Sthri Swaroopa”- Woman empowerment
10. Kolatam and Dandiya – Indian sticks folk dance.
11. Karthikeya – Story of lord Subramnya
12. Nadham – The Sound – A unique presentation of variety of sound.
13. Many thematic dances in Indian classical musical play style with various themes like discrimination, Mother Theresa, family value and many.