Asha' s prominent performances and shows
Asha is a child prodigy :
At the age of 9 years, she was selected to represent India at an International Stage (France) for Bharatanatyam dance. She performed at the prestigious Maison des Cultures du Monde (The World Cultures Institute) stage in Paris, France in the year 1992 for more than 7 days. This achievement was covered by many major newspapers in India and many organization recognized her accomplishment. The achievement and recognition motivated and developed in her a sense of responsibility to learn and contribute further to the art form that she carries ever since
Prominent performances in India:
- She has shared the stage in March 2002 and danced alongside many renowned dancers like Mrs. Shobana Chandrakumar, famously known as Shobana, an Indian film actress and Bharatanatyam dancer from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala in “Davangere Jilla Utsava” concert.
- In 2008 she performed in Ranveendra Kalakshetra in “Vasantha Mallika” concert for the voice of famous singer Mr. Puthur Narasimha Nayak and Mrs. Vasantha Shashi. Asha performed in the presence of chief dignitaries like Late Mr. V.S. Acharya, then Higher Education Minister in the Government of Karnataka and famous poet Mr. K. S. Nissar Ahmed.
- Throughout her lifetime in India, she went on to perform in many cities all over India like New Delhi (the capital city of India; at the prestigious Delhi Bal Bhavan), Thirupathi (the place of the famous Hindu temple), Agra (the famous city of ‘ Taj Mahal’), Jamshedpur (the capital city of Jharkhand state), Chennai (the capital city of Tamilnadu state) and at many locations within the state of Karnataka – places such as Bangalore, Mangalore, Tumkuru, Harihara, Shimoga, Malladihalli, Udupi, Kundapura, Koteshwara, Davanagere, Belgaum, Dharwad, Hubli etc in the presence of many dignitaries and artists.
Asha Adiga gave many of her performances in India as duo paired with her elder sister Mrs. Usha Adiga. They were popularly referred to as “Adiga Sisters”.
Performances in the USA: Asha Adiga has given classical dance concert in many cities in the USA like New York, New Jersey, Washington DC, Michigan, Indianapolis IN, St. Louis MI, and many cities including Chicago in Illinois state. Recognition and appreciation received from high profile audiences at some of these events include:
- ATA (American Telugu Association) 25th Anniversary celebration at National convention on July 2nd, 2016. where the chief guest and keynote speaker Sri. Venkaiah Naidu, current honorable vice president of India and then honorable Union minister of India witnessed and appreciated Asha and her team’s performance in the inaugural dance the segment at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center Rosemont, Illinois, USA
This program was telecasted in many TV channels like TV9 and TV5. The program was also attended by the then State of Illinois Lieutenant Governor Evelyn Sanguinetti and other many dignitaries
- Asha was one of the lead dance performers and choreographer in the Surati’s performance of “TYOHAAR” Festivals of India with a live professional orchestra at the prestigious venue at the Winter Garden, World Financial Center, New York City. New York, USA in 2007. In the “Tyohaar” dance drama, she has shared and performed stage with very famous accomplished dancers from all over the world with a live orchestra and to her credit in the whole segment her unique and creative choreography “Deepa Nrithya” was featured as solo dance in this prestigious venue.
- Asha and her team was main performers at North America Telugu Association (NATA) national convention in 2017 at Renaissance in Schaumburg Convention Center Schaumburg, IL 60173 on July 1st, 2017 . At the inaugural segment, CHAIRMAN & CEO of University of Silicon Andra Mr. Anand Kuchibhotla praised and facilitated Asha, the segment was telecasted live in many Indian channels like TV9.
- Performed as lead dancer at “Guria”the charitable program organized by Nafella Barnard College New York, New York, USA 2007.
- Gave featured performances at New Jersey, HudsonCounty Cultural Community program and main performance at Jersey City Museum multicultural program through “Surati Summer Fest – traditional Indian dance and music presentation” at New Jersey USA in 2007.
- Presented solo featured performance at “HHH” (Health,Heart, and Handicaps) Association charity program in New Jersey USA in 2007.
- Presented featured concerts at the highly recognized Indian classical dance festival in the USA “Natya’ dance festival in 2016, 2017 and 2019at St Louis MI USA.
- Asha has done professional performances at many venues to share the culture and art in many organization and companies in Illinois like “Asian heritage festivals feature presentation from 2015 to 2018”, Diwali celebration performances at Sears Holding Corporation and Asian heritage shows at Alcatel-Lucent, Diwali performance at Chase tower concert Auditorium, Word Heritage Travelers shows from 2012 to 2018, IACOAB , Annual Diwali Events from 2014 to 2018, Dupage children’s museum cultural exchange program in 2018 and 2019 in Illinois USA.
- Asha has done many featured performance and concerts at many Hindu temples In Illinois like Aurora Balaji temple Dance festival performance, Lemont Sri Rama TempleSangeetha and Nrithya Upacharam, Aurora Sai Baba temple Sangeeth and Nrithya Seva from 2009 to 2018 in the USA.
- Asha was also invited to perform featured Bharathanatyam concerts at various Kannada Koota’s(Kannada Community Organization in the USA) New York in 2006, New Jersey in 2006 and 2007, Washington DC in 2007, Michigan in 2008, Indianapolis IN in 2009 and 2010, Illinois 2009, 2012, 2017 and 2018 .